"Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness. " ~ Rumi

Friday, November 26, 2010

Mmmmmm! It's National Cake Day!

Just what we need the day after Thanksgiving.....MORE FOOD.

Happy National Cake Day!

Cake Photo courtesy of: Chotda






Since my diabetes diagnosis I have refrained from eating dessert as much as possible. I think it is CAKE that I miss the most. There is just some thing about it.....moist & rich.....the creamy decadence of the frosting...Mmmmmmm!

Oh honey! Here is a recipe for you!!!

Cake Photo courtesy of: Devine Domesticity



Better Than Sex Cake 

• 1 box - German chocolate cake mix
• 1 can - Sweetened condensed milk
• 1 bottle - Caramel ice cream topping
• 1 small tub whipped topping
• 1/2 bag - Toffee chips or
4 bars of Heath candy


Directions:
* Prepare cake as directed on package.
* When cake is done remove from oven and poke holes all over the top of it

with a wooden spoon handle.
* Pour Caramel and sweetened condensed milk over top of entire cake.
* Let cake cool completely by placing in fridge (overnight is best).
* Once cake is completely cooled, (just before serving) top it with container of whipped topping and then the toffee chips.

The best way to make this cake is to let it sit overnight. That way the caramel and milk can soak into the cake. 

Recipe from Amber at Bakespace.com

2 comments:

  1. oops... I just commented, but my pop up blocker blocked me. :( Try again.
    Thanks so much for the recipe... And National Cake Day would have to rank as a favorite for me... I canNOT resist cake. My mom makes this wonderful cake -- my oldest son (now 17) LOVES it and about died when he found out what the name of it was... so now mom calls it "better than anything" cake. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyday should be National Cake Day!!

    Just a fellow Etsy Wedding Diva stopping by to say "hi"

    Nataliekaren
    http://paperflora2.blogspot.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/PaperFlora
    http://twitter.com/PaperFlora2

    ReplyDelete