"Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness. " ~ Rumi

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm Sewing Today



I am sewing today! I have a special project.....making 1920's style dresses for my granddaughters who will be appearing in the play "The Velveteen Rabbit". 

I do love to sew! Once I get started, that is. I get sooooo distracted by other things that keep me away from my sewing table. It's a shame too, because I have a huge stash of vintage fabrics, trims, doilies, etc. I have all of these ideas in my head on just what to make.....but as always.....distracted. I am hoping that this project will jump start my desire to complete my "dreamed of" projects!

One thing I would like to make are some dresses for myself & for offer on Etsy. I hardly have any clothes because, lets face it, what is offered in the stores is UGLY. The clothes are just so BORING!!!After watching Mondo Guerra on Project Runway this past season (who should have WON by the way) I am inspired to be more daring in my fashion choices ~ more color, more flair, more FUN! And if I can't find it in the stores, I will just have to MAKE it.

Stay tuned.....

You Are Sew Beautiful ~ You deserve PRETTY clothes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment