"Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness. " ~ Rumi

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Passion for Purple


Rococo Powdered Wig ~ AntoinettesAtelier.etsy.com
Clothing & Accoutrements inspired by 18th century France: AntoinettesAtelier.com
 
Kathleen Marie is a NYC based artist. An exceptional visionary, Ms. Marie creates and styles entire Tableaux Vivants...from 18th century wigs, make up, and gowns, to jewelry, illustrations and dolls, her talents flourish on several mediums. With backgrounds in both fashion and costume design, she elegantly entwines both together to create beautiful and truly unique pieces. 

When I was a child, my favorite color was PURPLE. My bedroom was painted a lovely shade of violet. My bedspread was white, ruffled, with pretty violet roses on it. I remember how relaxed, calm & inspired I always felt in my room.

A mysterious color, purple is associated with both nobility and spirituality. (1) People with purple "auras" are said to have a love of ritual and ceremony. (2) It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple is a good color to use in meditation. (3)

Please enjoy "A Passion for Purple" ~ a treasury that I curated for Etsy Treasury East:


No comments:

Post a Comment