"Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness. " ~ Rumi

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Palmer Peterson ~ I Thought about you Today


Darling Husband & I took a drive through the country last Saturday. We live in southwestern Wisconsin, the beautiful "Driftless Area", and love to go exploring.  We came upon Asbury Methodist Church, located in Vernon County near Viroqua.


It was an absolutely beautiful day! We strolled through the church graveyard, paid our respects, lifted the blessed souls up in prayer. I was drawn to a precious little headstone that read "Palmer Peterson 1893 - 1894".  I started to think about sweet little Palmer and what a blessing he must have been to his family. How sad to lose him at such a tender young age. So I said a special little prayer for Palmer & his family and imagined them all together now, looking down from heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment