"Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness. " ~ Rumi

Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Merry Halloween


 
Backward, turn backward,
O Time, in your flight
make me a child again
just for to-night!


Elizabeth Akers Allen


Ahhhh.....Halloween memories! When you are a kid, Halloween is all about the CANDY!!!!! When I was a kid we lived in the Keystone neighborhood in Omaha ~  lots and lots of houses to visit! I remember we used to carry a grocery bag to fill. It was all so sweet & innocent. We would dress up in nice little costumes and the neighbors were so friendly and having so much fun "ooooing" and "ahhhhing" over us, or pretending to be sooooo afraid.

My memory is a little fuzzy about whatever happened to all of that candy because I also remember that my Mom was very vigilant about providing a healthy diet & limiting sweets (which I now APPRECIATE & UNDERSTAND).

Well, whether you "celebrate" Halloween or not....have a safe & happy day!

By the way.....this is my Son-in-Law.....There is no limit to what a father will do for his children....Isn't he PRECIOUS?!?!?!?

 

1 comment: