Runs with Scissors Scrabble Saying available at:
Remember Me Paper Arts & Vintage Goods
Ok, it's true...I run with scissors. I know our mothers told us NOT to do this, but I have not always done what my mother said... I know this shocks you! Sorry Mom.
Don't you just LOVE all the "Momisms"???
* Don't sit too close to the television, it'll ruin your eyes.
* How do you know you don't like it if you haven't tasted it?
* I didn't ask who put it there, I said "Pick it up!"
* Isn't it past your bedtime?
* Look at me when I'm talking to you.
* Say that again and I'll wash your mouth out with soap.
* I don't care who started it, I said stop!
* Don't you run through this house with those scissors.
The funny thing is...as much as we hated hearing all those one-liners...we eventually turn into our mothers and say them ourselves! Yes, it's true. The first time I told my daughter to TURN DOWN HER STEREO I cringed in fear & quickly covered my mouth with my hands. "What am I saying?!?!?" I still, to this day, play my stereo REALLY LOUD.
As my children grew, I finally realized that my Mom told me all those things because she LOVED me & wanted the best for me. I even remember calling her as my children approached puberty & apologized to her for all the hurtful things I had said & done to her. (I really was a brat with a sassy mouth in my youth ~ I know, hard to imagine NOW.)
I began to understand the concern in her voice: "Call me when you get there, just so I know you're okay." I began to understand her desire for me to have a healthy body: "Eat your vegetables, they're good for you." And I began to understand her wishes for me to have a happy, joyous & beautiful life: "Go play outside! It's a beautiful day!"
Thanks Mom. I love you!!!