"Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness. " ~ Rumi

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jumping for JOY is Good Exercise


Original mixed media painting by Emily

Exercise......iCK! I'm sorry, but the people who say they LIKE to exercise...they are LYING!!!!! Exercise hurts me & makes me sweat ~ ewwwww.

I have always been a "couch potato". I would rather lie on the couch and read a good book  than to get down on the floor & do push-ups. I would rather take the elevator than climb stairs. Why walk when there is a perfectly good mode of transportion called a CAR?!?

All joking aside, exercise really does HURT me. I have a REALLY REALLY bad ankle that I broke 18 years ago and now arthritis has destroyed the cartiladge between the bones ~ OUCH. I cannot walk without the assistance of a brace and a cane. I also suffer from sciatica and we all know what a PAIN IN THE BUTT that is!!!

Recently, I have been reading about how exercise can help prolong my life and help me feel better & happier. (Bless those little endorphins.) Exercise also helps keep me mentally sharp, helps in weight control...and if that's not enough...

Exercise can put the spark back into your sex life.

 Alrighty then...

Seeing the need to start exercising, I purchased this FABULOUS DVD from my husband's niece:

 


Tammy is inspiring me to take better care of myself so I can have a much longer, richer, fuller life! Thank you Tammy!!!

and remember...Jumping for JOY is good exercise!

2 comments:

  1. you have a beautiful blog!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep trying! You will feel better... I promise. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete