"Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness. " ~ Rumi

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Plain & Simple


Shabby Primitive Decor

“Very little is needed to make a happy life.”
~ Marcus Aurelius 

I am most comfortable when I am surrounded by simple vintage treasures in white, cream, sepia & black. A room of TOTAL white made me cry in JOY one time. 

My heart sings when I see...white dishes, white matte pottery & crisp white vintage linens. Simple things like old brown baskets, twine & bird's nests give me a thrill. Oh! And SEASHELLS with their creamy goodness and muted tones.

Timeworn treasure of years gone by. Simple. Beautiful. Heartwarming.

That's why I "treasure hunt" ~ to bring pleasure & comfort to myself & others in simple gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment