"Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear. Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness. " ~ Rumi

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Be Happy Every Day


 

For some reason I am having an exceptionally happy day! I woke up to a BEAUTIFUL Spring day. I promptly opened my windows wide to benefit from the fresh air. I only wish I had a clothesline...LOVE LOVE LOVE the sight & smell of freshly laundered clothes blowing in the breeze.


 I spent the morning with my friend Kile at his shop(s) "Driftless Fair Traders" &  "Rhubarb" where I am a vendor. We had a FABULOUSLY INSPIRING chat with Rick Segel who in my opinion is a retail marketing GENIUS!!!  WOW ~ just WOW!!!

When I left "Rhubarb", I drove to Westby to the Bethel Butikk, a local food pantry & thrift store. I LOVE to shop there because they tell me that for each $1.00 I spend, they can buy $10.00 worth of food to provide for needy families. I usually take a donation & try to purchase something every time I stop by. Today I found a beautiful antique bed, painted white (my favorite color) for $20!!!!! It will go in my (now empty) bedroom downstairs where I am decorating in anticipation of my granddaughters' visit this summer. I would love to have a room decorated just for them! I have already hung a sign that says "What happens at Grandma's STAYS at Grandma's".....that's right! 

While I was at Bethel Butikk, I ran into my friend Karla  who owns "Donna's Daughters" antique/gift shop in Coon Valley ~ lovely shop! You MUST go there! ~ who told me that the Eastside Flea Market had reopened in town for the season! OH JOY!!! So guess where I headed next? I just love rummaging for treasures..... I only found 3 things.....but I sure had fun!

Now I am blogging/working on an Etsy order and preparing for a meeting of our local Inventors & Entrepreneurs Club that meets at 5:30pm tonight. So indeed ~ a full day ~ doing what I LOVE!

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment